Veterinary Inventory/Administrative Clerk
We are looking for a competent, full-time Veterinary Inventory /Administrative Clerk to maintain, monitor and report on the company’s inventory. Your job is important since the efficient handling of the company’s products and supplies is critical for the attainment of business goals. A successful Veterinary Inventory /Administrative Clerk is a reliable professional with excellent record-keeping abilities. They possess great attention to detail and a business mindset. This position is fast-paced and will be on average 40 hours, which will include approximately 5-10 hours on the front desk.
- Devise ways to optimize veterinary inventory control procedures
- Inspect the levels of business supplies to identify shortages
- Ensure product stock is adequate for all areas of the practice
- Receive and record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory
- Use software to monitor demand and document characteristics of veterinary inventory
- Place orders to replenish stock avoiding insufficiency or excessive surplus
- Analyze data to anticipate future needs
- Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust relationships
- Report to upper management on stock levels, issues etc.
- 1 Saturday shift per month
- Front desk coverage
- Manage, prioritizing and respond to correspondence (emails, app notifications, phone calls, letters etc.)
- Scanning and attaching confidential documentation into client files
- Assist team members whenever there is an opportunity to do so (pricing, desk coverage, answering phone calls etc.)
- Proven experience as inventory clerk
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other office management tools and applications
- Working knowledge of veterinary inventory management software (Avimark)
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- An analytical mind with strong math skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Relevant qualifications (veterinary inventory) preferred
- Ability to lift 30 lbs or more, many times per day
- Team player
We are a positive, supportive and fun group. You will be required to contribute to an atmosphere of warmth, cheerfulness, friendliness, caring and competence.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of our Director of Business Administration at [email protected]. Please reference Veterinary Inventory/Administrative Clerk Position in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest in our hospital. If you think you are the right person to join our team, we would love to hear from you! Only successful candidates will be contacted.